Monday, February 4, 2013

Training -- Mon 04/02/2013

Bench Press

10x20kg
5x32.5kg
3x45kg
1x55kg
2x10x65kg
8x65kg -- Some would be disappointed with only getting 10/10/8 instead of 3x10. Considering that my program only has me doing 3x8 this week and next week on paper, I'm okay with how this turned out.

CGBP

3x10x45kg -- Felt much better than last week. Whenever I do these, I make a point of trying to keep my elbows in at my side, so that my forearms run straight up and down. There are probably multiple reasons to do it like this, but the only thing on my mind is that I tuck my elbows and try to pull the bar apart at normal grip, so I'll try to do the same close grip, even though tension is generally lower by comparison to my regular grip.

Pull Ups

10xBW
12xBW
10xBW

Fat Gripz Row

4x10x52.5kg

Biceps Triset/Triceps Triset

2x10-10-10x5kg/10-10-10x5kg

Farmer's Walk

40mx32.5kg
40mx37.5kg -- Evidentally my left hand slips quicker than my right hand. Good to know...probably.

An accurate photo of not me.

2 comments:

  1. As much as you can make your grip relaxed on the walk and other carry events, as your grip fades you can hold more tightly as you will have that in reserve. Most grip on for grim death from the start and burn out their forearms earlier.
    This is trick I know from climbing and it worked well in lift and carry of manual work too. Unfortunately it doesn't make your grip storonger, just last a bit longer. Typing this is a lot easier than doing it, as you will guess.
    Very few have totally even grip, farmers walk must be very unforgiving for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make a good point. I'll try and remember that one. It goes against instinct, but it makes perfect sense.

      Delete

For reasons that are beyond me, I like to hear what people think, so please leave a comment and let's work together to trick random passers-by into thinking this blog is actually popular.