Saturday, February 9, 2013

Training -- Sat 09/02/2013

Squats

10xBW
10x20kg
5x40kg
3x60kg
1x80kg
1x95kg
2x10x107.5kg -- I went in with the plan that I'd do 2x10. If I missed any reps, it meant I had to do a 3rd set. Good insentive not to miss any. Bear in mind, I'm supposed to be doing 3x8 this week and next week. I can't help but to feel that, given the same weight, 2x10 is better than 3x8. I didn't miss any reps. Yay. Nick still wanted me to do a 3rd set. As I was unloading the bar, the conversation went something like this:

Nick: "Where's your third set?"
Me: "2x10's good enough."
Nick: "3x10's better."

Can't argue with his logic. So instead of arguing, I shut up and continued unracking the bar regardless of what he said. As far as I'm concerned, if I get 10x110kg next week, I've got a 150kg max secured, and then I've still got 10 weeks to build on that (4 weeks of 5's, and a 6-wk peaking program that's supposed to add an additional 5% onto my max).

Speed Pull

5x60kg
3x5x72.5kg

Tyre Flip

2x16x140kg -- Rep PB, I think.

Farmer's Walk

2x50mx42.5kg -- 25m laps back and forth. Getting better at approaching these gently.

Bulgarian Split Squat

2x10xBW -- 2x10 on each leg. Getting the back foot set properly was a bit tricky. Lots of stretch + lightweight = I'm going to have such long, lean muscles, ladies. Lollerskatez.

Calf Raise

2x18x300lb
>> 6x200lb
>> 6x100lb } Drop sets after 2nd main set.

Medicine Ball Leg Raise Pullover

2x8x4kg -- I don't know what you'd actually call this, but this seems to be an apt description. Basically, you're doing a medicine ball pullover, and at the same time doing a lying leg raise, touching the ball to your legs at the top. I got a nice pinch in the abs in the transfer from eccentric to concentric. Haven't done this one in years, but we've got medicine balls, a fitball and an EZ-bar in the gym now, so I thought I'd make use of the new equipment. Plus, I'm hating hanging leg raises.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For reasons that are beyond me, I like to hear what people think, so please leave a comment and let's work together to trick random passers-by into thinking this blog is actually popular.