Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Training -- Tue 17/09/2013

Band Pull Apart/Rotator Cuff/Lower Traps

15xOrange/10xOrange/20"x1.25kg
15xOrange/10x1/2Orange/--

Bench Press

10x20kg
5x40kg
3x10x62.5kg

Pull Ups/Board Press

2x6xBW/10x65kg

Pull Ups/Incline DBBP

2x6xBW/10x20kg

Fat Gripz Row

2x12x50kg
10x50kg
8x50kg
2x6x50kg

I've spent a lot of time over the weekend, Monday and today working on a critical literacy assignment. In the assignment, we take 3 texts which we've discussed in class and write a 700 word reflection (each) discussing our initial interpretation of the text, how our background affects our reading of the text, how class discussions challenged our reading of the text, and how the text could be used in a classroom. The 3 texts I've been working with are the Dove Real Beauty Sketches, "Reconstruction of an Event" by Glenda Adams, and "A Snake Down Under" by Glenda Adams. Previous years' students have submitted their reflections as a blog, so I'll see if I can do that. If not, I'll wait until after I get my results back, and then blog my reflections. Until then, here's a brief summary of what I have to say:

Dove Real Beauty Sketches: Aww, that's so sweet. I'm sorry, I must have had a slight muscle spasm, because what I actually wanted to do is punch you in the face.

Reconstruction of an Event: It took a lot of thinking just to have any idea of what to do with this one. While a lot of the texts we looked at in class had some very clear ideologies that they're either challenging or promoting, I'm not confident in any of the ways I can think of to interpret it. It did get me thinking about my own inferences about the split-narrative, though, as I considered who I imagined each narrative voice to be (given that the story is all in third person and the narrative voices do not overtly say anything about themselves).

A Snake Down Under: In my first reading of this text, I assumed that we're all too mature to be making naughty puns and calling it literature, so I went ahead and assumed that I was reading about Australian school girls and their interactions with slivering reptiles, not about penises attacking vaginas. I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For reasons that are beyond me, I like to hear what people think, so please leave a comment and let's work together to trick random passers-by into thinking this blog is actually popular.