Thursday, July 24, 2014

Training -- Wed 23/07/2014

First day back in the gym after camp. I bailed out of the PL comp, because I wasn't feeling up to it and priorities left it in the backburner.

OHP/Pull Ups

10x20kg/10xBW
5x30kg/6xBW
3x5x40kg/6xBW

Push Press/Pull Ups

3x5x40kg/6xBW

Cable Crossover

3x10x14kg -- And this is what it means to be hardcore. Though I haven't done this exercise in years, I actually like it as a chest isolation exercise, because compared to bench press it adds like 30-45 degrees onto top-end ROM, allowing a fairly intense contraction in a position that's missed by literally every other chest exercise I can think of. I could feel my pecs going nuts at that moment of peak contraction in each rep.

Kettlebell Swing

10x12kg
10x16kg
3x10x20kg

Overhead Squat

3x10xBW -- Just holding a broomstick overhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For reasons that are beyond me, I like to hear what people think, so please leave a comment and let's work together to trick random passers-by into thinking this blog is actually popular.