Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Training -- Wed 2/7/2014

Great session today. Or terrible session. One of the two.

The good: Solid heavy squats. Not sure if these were in PB territory (I'd have to go back to my logs from last year to check my best triple), but they were good. Ditched deadlifts and did knee-height rack pulls up to 200kg.

The bad: While my heavy squats felt good and there was no indication of trouble while doing them, immediately after the second work set my left knee felt like it had been sodomised without lube. This put a quick end to squatting today, and forced me to do rack pulls rather than deadlifts.

Squats

10xBW
10x20kg
5x60kg
5x90kg
3x110kg
1x130kg
2x3x137.5kg -- Felt good, but alas, felt horrible afterwards.
1x70kg -- Decided to see if my knee could handle a lighter load. It couldn't.

Rack Pulls

5x70kg
5x110kg
4x150kg
2x170kg
2x190kg
1x200kg -- I then stepped out of the rack and lowered the bar to the floor, effectively doing the eccentric portion of a 200kg deadlift.

My knee feels fine now. I have no idea whether it'll be good for heavy lifting on Saturday or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For reasons that are beyond me, I like to hear what people think, so please leave a comment and let's work together to trick random passers-by into thinking this blog is actually popular.